It is awards time again here at TripAdvisor, and boy do we have a feast for your sore eyes.
Today, we’re announcing the winners of the Travellers’ Choice awards for Beaches – showcasing the very best beaches in the world, based on the reviews and ratings submitted by you, the travel community.
Topping the world’s best list is Baia do Sancho in Fernando de Noronha, Brazil. A bay of crystalline water and soft white sand, it is surrounded by striking cliffs covered in luscious vegetation and exotic wildlife.
For the second year running, Rabbit Beach in Lampedusa, Italy is named as Europe’s best rated beach. And it’s not hard to see why…
But you don’t have to fly half around the world to find great beaches.
In fact, here in the UK, FIVE beaches were named among the best in Europe, while Rhossili Bay in the Gower – which scooped the award for best beach in the UK – was also named ninth best in the world, beating rival beaches in Mexico, Australia and the US.
We’ll post pictures of the full UK top ten later today, but in the meantime, here is the list of the top ten award winners around the world:
1. Baia do Sancho, Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Grace Bay, Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
3. Flamenco Beach, Culebra, Puerto Rico
4. Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
5. Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Island, Australia
6. Playa de ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
7. Anse Lazio, Praslin Island, Seychelles
8. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
9. Rhossili Bay, Gower, Wales
10. Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Mexico
For the full list of winners in this year’s awards, go to: http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/TravelersChoice-Beaches-cTop-g1